Yoga | Aerial Yoga | Pilates | Dance Instructor
JOANNA - is an aerialist, contemporary dancer, pilates, yoga/aerial yoga instructor and yoga therapist. She works with private and corporate clients, leads international workshops, training and retreats.
With over 15 years of experience in different styles of yoga mainly Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Yoga Dance, as well as Pilates and Contemporary Dance. Joanna incorporates all those techniques with her clients and creates the movement that focuses on core strength and flexibility to allow for self-expression, body toning and deeply connection between body and mind.
As a Yoga Therapist for mental health, depression and anxiety trained with Minded Institute, she helps clients to retrain their brain by learning a new movement and breathing patterns. She helps to stimulate their body and mind, through: yoga, Pilates and free/flow/improvised movement to release the stress and calm down the nervous system.
She runs the yoga retreats company and aerial dance company.
Her artistic work as a director, choreographer and performer is based on manifesting the awareness of violation of human rights through performing arts.
South East London | Greenwich | Belgravia | Brockley | New Cross Gate | Central London | Chelsea | Holland Park | Knightsbridge | Mayfair | Marylebone | Notting Hill | Pimlico | St. John's Wood | Victoria
Private Gym | Home | Outdoor | Work
Yoga | Pilates | Aerial Yoga | Aerial Dance | Contemporary Dance | Classical Dance
Qualifications & Experiences
- Yoga therapist with focus on mental health (Minded Institute in London)
- Diploma in Yoga (Yoga Vidya Gurukul in India, Nashik)
- Certificate of Thai Traditional Massage (Watpo Traditional Medical School, Thailand, Bangkok)
- Level 3 Certificate in teaching Mat Pilates (City Lit, London)
- Certificate in advanced Fitness Instructing (City Lit, London)
- Degree in Dance (University of London Birkbeck)
- BTEC National Award in Performing Arts: Dance (Lewisham College in London)
- Diploma in Performance Studies: Dance (University of London, Birkbeck)
- Postgraduate certificate in physical theatre for actors and dancers: Jasmin Cardamon dance company (Royal Holloway University of London)
Main Training Expertise
- Mind and body practices: yoga, pilates & meditation
- Preventions and recoveries from injuries: pilates, gentle yoga and meditation
- Body conditioning and circus skills: slings / aerial yoga
- Contemporary dance - contact improvisation, contemporary and classical dance techniques