An apple a day keeps the doctor away
Health Benefits of Green Apples
At TimiTraining® we love green apples!
Each little green bundle of joy is packed with fibre, minerals, protein & vitamins. There are many widely acknowledged health benefits of green apples. Here are our top 10 reasons why “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”:
1) Packed with Minerals Green apples contain copper, iron, manganese, potassium, sodium & zinc. Regular consumption of these minerals contributes to a healthier and balanced diet.
2) High in Fibre & Combats Heart Disease Over 2% of each green apple is the fibre pectin. This helps your digestive system, kidneys & liver. Medical research has repeatedly proven that a diet including lots of high fibre fruit & vegetables is also a good way to combat chronic heart diseases.
3) Lots of Anti-Oxidants & Flavonoids Apples are packed with antioxidants & flavonoids. They are also 2nd highest of all fruits containing a phenolic compound.
4) Packed with Vitamins A, B & C 1 green apple contains up to 14% of your recommended daily vitamin C intake. A few additional benefits from regularly eating apples include increased defences to radical damage, DNA protection from cells mutating, better brain, eye & skin health.
5) Aids Managing Weight & Combats Diabetes Countless medical research have proven diets containing a regular high intake of fruit & vegetables is a fantastic way to combat obesity & Diabetes.
6) Combats Inflammatory Conditions Each apple delivers a good dose of antioxidants. These also help in safeguarding from oxidative stresses, inducing inflammatory conditions such as arthritis & rheumatism.
7) Better Skin a. Nourishes your skin & improves the texture b. Combats skin diseases including cancer & eczema c. Combats acne d. DNA protection from cells mutating
8) Great for your Hair a. Improved hair growth b. Combats dandruff 9) Anti-Aging The phenols, vitamin A & C from each green apple are a good way to combat premature aging.
10) A Way to Combat Asthma Medical conditions like Asthma are a hypersensitive allergic disorder. The regular consumption of green apples can be a very good complementary addition to your food intake that helps combat the symptoms.