10 Health benefits of Blueberries
Blueberries are refreshing and deliciously sweet, they’re also incredibly beneficial to your health & wellbeing.
1. BRAIN FOOD: They improve brain function and memory, may also fight Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, as well as helping to heal damaged brain cells.
2. SLOWER AGING: Eating some blueberries help to combat the free radicals which make us age quicker.
3. SOFTENS SKIN: Blueberries neutralize free radicals, so your skin will be softer and glowing.
4. FIGHT INFECTIONS: Blueberries contain medical antioxidant compounds that can fight the bacteria that cause infection, helping you maintain a healthy bladder.
5. SUPER FRUIT: Blueberries are packed with vitamins that keep you healthy: vitamins A, C, E and B complex; selenium, potassium, copper, zinc & manganese.
6. PROTECT VISION: They can help to protect you from age-related vision disorders such as cataracts, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. They contain anthocyanins which reduce eye strain and vision loss, and keep your retina healthy.
7. AIDS WEIGHT LOSS: The anthocyanins found in blueberries can help to speed up metabolism.
8. MAINTAIN A HEALTHY HEART: Blueberries are full of fibre and antioxidants, both of which will help dissolve the bad cholesterol in your system which can narrow your arteries and lead to a heart attack or heart disease.
9. COMBATS CONSTIPATION: They are high in fibre. One cup of blueberries will provide you with about 15% of your recommended daily fibre intake and help things move a little more smoothly.
10. COMBATS CANCER: Blueberries are full of Vitamin C, copper and phenolic compounds which are antioxidants. Antioxidants can help to suppress cancer cells, and have been found to be very good at fighting colon, liver and ovarian cancer.
Not only having a balanced diet, but keeping yourself active will help you to fight illnesses and lead to a better and healthier life.